8 Tips To Help You Build Fitness Into Your Life With Ease
You don’t have to change your whole life to improve your fitness level. Making a few small adjustments to your daily routine can help you reap great fitness rewards. Small changes can produce big benefits. Here are eight great ideas to help you improve your fitness level in your daily life.
1. Whenever you have the choice between riding in an elevator or on an escalator and using the stairs, choose the stairs! Stair climbing is tremendous exercise and burns lots of calories. It also helps work your gluteus maximus, which spends a lot of time sitting around! If you are not fit enough to climb stairs, at least choose to walk down them instead of riding the elevator or escalator down. Even this will help improve your fitness level.
2. Whenever possible, choose to walk or ride your bicycle to run errands, go shopping, or even commute to and from work or school. Walking and cycling are excellent exercise, and choosing not to drive imparts tremendous benefits to the environment (and your pocketbook!)
3. Keep your energy levels high by enjoying a healthy diet rich in fresh fruits and veggies, whole grains, and lean sources of protein such as lean meats, poultry and fish or non-meat choices such as beans, nuts or tofu.
4. Getting plenty of sleep every night will benefit your energy levels, your fitness levels, and your level of attractiveness. There is great value in getting beauty sleep if you wish to have the kind of beauty that comes from within. Getting enough sleep helps stabilize your metabolism so that you can burn calories efficiently and get the most from your fitness program.
5. Participate in enjoyable physical activities. You don’t have to suffer or struggle to gain fitness from physical activity. If you would rather go square dancing than participate in power yoga, more power to you! Whatever you do to increase your heart rate and respiration and improve your fitness level should be fun so that you will continue to do it frequently and joyously.
6. Spend time with your family on the move! Instead of sitting around watching TV together or playing board games, get out and about! Go for a walk, hike or bike ride. Play soccer, football, basketball or go for a swim. Get your family moving so that you can all stay fit and healthy.
7. Drink pure filtered water, natural fruit and vegetable juices, and healthful herbal, green or black teas (naturally sweetened, if you so desire). Stay away from beverages that contain refined sugars, high fructose corn syrup or artificial sweeteners. None of these are good for you and will sabotage your fitness efforts.
8. Add exercises such as yoga or Pilates to your daily routine. This type of quiet, concentrated exercise does not take much room or equipment. These forms of exercise make an excellent beginning and/or end to every day. Performing yoga or Pilates provides you with a time to calm and focus your mind while enjoying very intensive and effective exercise.
When you follow these eight tips, you will find the you have added a lot of very good things to your life and that you are missing nothing at all! If you consistently make active and healthy choices, you will soon find pounds dropping off and strong, lean muscles growing! Creating an active and healthy lifestyle is a great way to ensure your optimum fitness level.